I was searching online for a festive, St. Paddy’s themed dessert or food item that I could make for my upcoming St. Paddy’s day brunch. I stumbled across an awesome green pancake lucky charm recipe from Betty Crocker. In addition to this recipe, www.bettycrocker.com lists out several more festive dessert, breakfast, and snack items to make – I would highly recommend checking out their page (linked above).
- 2 cups Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon green food color
- 1/2 cup marshmallows from Lucky Charms™ cereal
- Whipped cream topping (from aerosol can), if desired
- Additional marshmallows from Lucky Charms™ cereal, if desired
- In large bowl, stir together Bisquick mix, milk, vanilla, eggs and food color with whisk just until blended. Stir in 1/2 cup marshmallows.
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium-high heat (375°F). Brush with vegetable oil if necessary (or spray with cooking spray before heating). For each pancake, pour slightly less than 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle. Cook about 3 minutes or until bubbles form on top and edges are dry. Turn; cook other side until golden brown and set.
- Top pancakes with whipped cream topping and additional marshmallows.